Participatory programme is an ingenious concept developed by Bharathiar University wherein colleges and institutions with facilities and faculty through out India are identified and approved as partners of Bharathiar University to offer various programmes as regular weekend programmes to help achieve higher grass enrollment ratio and higher literacy rate but without compromising on the standard of education imparted.
- To provide an opportunity for the deprived students to enroll in a programme of their choice.
- To provide an opportunity for those students enrolled for a regular programme in a college to concurrently register for another programme of their choice and acquire dual degrees in the same duration of study.
- To provide opportunity for those students who wish to acquire more knowledge in a specific area of study by registering for the concurrent diploma or PG diploma.
- To provide quality education for those who could not enroll for regular programmes in educational institutions.
- To provide an opportunity to utilize physical facilities, human resources and knowledge resources available in educational institutions to maximize knowledge acquition.
- To provide an opportunity for institutionalized education to the deprived.
- To maximize the value of degree awarded by exposing to every area of academic environment available to regular students.